Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Coffee Time

One of my favorite morning activities is to make a mug of coffee from my little one-cup coffeemaker that Santa brought me for me last year and which my Mom broke during her visit in June.  It takes a bit of rigging to get the coffee to percolate into the mug.  This is because the tiny coffeemaker had a tiny taller than wider mug that fit perfectly into ready position.  That mug shattered (thanks, Mom) and we haven't been able to find a replacement mug anywhere in this city.  So I rigged up a system using one of the corn on the cob butter baths that we've never used down here.  I put one end of the butter bath under the spigot where coffee drips out and the other end tilted down into the mug at a shallow angle.  The whole coffeemaker itself has to be sitting on top of a canned food item so that it is higher than the mug and the angles work right.  I wish I had a picture of this, as I took one last summer to send to Mom so she'd see what we devised, but now I can't find it!!! Oh well, tomorrow I'll take a pic and post it.

Coffee on the patio is best enjoyed with emails to read and reply to and M at my feet under the patio table, munching on a palm branch.  I think this may be M's favorite morning activity too - he sometimes falls asleep mid-chew and puts his paw on my foot as if to suggest we're having a moment. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment