Home in the U.S. for a week's visit and to attend a college friend's wedding! Flew home last Thursday and got a few more days on my visit. Getting a few shifts of work tonight and tomorrow. I had a wonderful weekend visiting family and friends, although it was hectic at times. I'm extremely grateful to those in my life who rearrange their schedules to see me, even if it's just for an hour, while I'm home. Sometimes coming home feels like a breath of sweet, fresh air and other times it feels pressure-filled, tense and serves to remind me why I love living in Baja. Most times the two places complement the other very nicely. I'm never really tired of either place.
Some things I'm loving getting to experience in the U.S. this week:
1. Stop signs = STOP
2. Toilet paper can be flushed down the toilet!
3. Tons of radio stations singing songs in English
4. My friends' laughter all around me
5. It being cool enough to make a fire in the backyard and roast marshmallows
6. Smelling Gramma's cooking wafting up from the kitchen
And a few things I'm missing terribly already from Baja already:
1. Waking up with E
2. Quality Beaches!!!
3. Food trucks selling mouth-watering food any time of the night
4. Bars serving after 2am/Liquor sales after 9pm
5. Lack of "no duh" rules & laws that seem very redundant in the U.S.
Back to Baja on Thursday!!